Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Specifying and excluding values within a field

In my qlikview file, I am trying to calculate hours by a developer based on an ID Number for that assigned task. The problem with someone of the ID Numbers is that two different developers have contributed to one task so I can not get the individual amount of hours for the developer that is currently working on it. I have created two excel sheets that are linked together by the field [ID Number] and a qlikview document with the charts and buttons I am currently using, to see what I mean visually.

Basically my end result is to make ID Number 20022 only counts the developer (Sumeet's) hours and ID Number 23580 only counts the developer (Amita's) hours, so that they have the correct number. The other developer that has contributed to the task is not included in our counts because they are not currently working on that task anymore.

If you have any questions please let me know. I hope someone can help me out!

14 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try it out now

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately those numbers aren't correct.

The BA Hours for WR #20022 are suppose to be 102 (Research)

Actual Effort should be 24 (Development (11) and Requirements (13))

The BA Hours for WR #23580 are suppose to be 32 (Research).

The reason why these are calculating wrong is because for although Amita is currently assigned to and is working on WR #23580, Sumeet has 22 hours of Research or BA Hours put towards the same WR. For WR #20022, Sumeet is assigned to and is working on it, but Amita has 20 hours of Research and 2 hours of requirements. I need to find a way to segregate these and be able to specify that I only want Amita's or Sumeet's hours because this will happen again in the future.

Not applicable
Author

sample.png

sunny_talwar

What about this now. I apologize for taking this long

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much it works great!! You have no idea how helpful this is!