Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Splashscreen during reload task with macro

Hi at all!!!

Anyone knows if is it possible to display a splashscreen during the reload task?

I have 2 sheets in a Qlikview Document. One contains Selections, the other the analysis. When the User pass from the selection sheet to the Analysis sheet, a macro is fired with the reload task.

The Reload window is hidden because i'm looking for a better solution ( if possible ) to dispaly a message with image as "Work in progress" and the Factory Logo.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,Lello

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

hm one very stupid "solution" is to move the reload screen to the right (or left) as far as you can and check "Close when finished" and save the document. The reload screen position is saved and the next time when the document is reload the screen will not be "visible"

Is not a real solution but may be in hand 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Not as far as I can tell, only AFTER the reload has finished.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

why don't you add one more sheet which will be your splash screen. And when leaving Selection sheet to show 3-rd sheet and when 3-rd sheet is shown reload is triggered. After reload is finished you show the Analysis sheet and hide the 3-rd sheet (splash screen)

btw how you manage to hide the reload window?

Regards!

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

nice and clean solution. The Changing sheet process does not work very well. You can read the following code:

[ code ]

set v = ActiveDocument.GetVariable("ShowMySheet")
v.SetContent "TRUE", true
ActiveDocument.Sheets("Progress").Activate
ActiveDocument.GetApplication.WaitForIdle 5000
Set tabellaGiac = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject(ActiveDocument.Variables("tbGiacenzeMensili").GetContent.String)
if not(tabellaGiac.IsMaximized) then
tabellaGiac.Maximize
end if
tabellaGiac.Export ActiveDocument.Variables("QvWorkPath").GetContent.String & "\giacenze.csv",";"
tabellaGiac.Minimize
ActiveDocument.PartialReload 0
v.SetContent "FALSE", true
ActiveDocument.Sheets("ABC_CONSUMI").ACTIVATE

[ /code ]

The problem is that i can't hide the partialReload Window. Do you know if is it possible?

Thanks in advance, Lello

Not applicable
Author

Sorry i don't know how to hide it. I personally was wondering if it's possible reload screen to be hidden but didn't find a way.

Not applicable
Author

hm one very stupid "solution" is to move the reload screen to the right (or left) as far as you can and check "Close when finished" and save the document. The reload screen position is saved and the next time when the document is reload the screen will not be "visible"

Is not a real solution but may be in hand 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Will be stupid but it works!!!! Thinking about, this tip is often used in PDA'S application.

Thanks for the tips.

Smile

Not applicable
Author

The solution to hide reload screen in partialReload is using:

ActiveDocument.DoReload 0,True,false