Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II

Split a list box string to to make a multiple selection

Hi,

Can a list box field be split into seperate selections, for example:

Can France,UK, Europe be split into:

France and UK and Europe as if you selected 3 times from a list

France

UK

Europe

Even if the multiple country field is embedded in a list

Germany

USA

France,UK, Europe

Cyprus

Thanks

What I have is a combined Table, where the users are supplied data in 2 ways.

Individual lines of transactions and targets(totals), they want the end result to be all product A's totaled againts the target.

and be able to click on the target countries, ie Europe/France/Scotland and bring back the totals on them.

Or click select indiviual countries in a list box and find if they have a target, like select Greece, Wales and UK and find the string Greece/Wales/UK then produce a table of Total sales and target.

Really I am stuck on this one,

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd say this would be best sorted in your data model, can you share it ?

tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

One the problems I am having is that if a country has no data it is not selected therefore I cant build a complete getfieldselecteds string, so what would happen is you wont get the correct sales target but you might pick up another target based on the field data selected. I hope you understand.

This feels like a classic case of transactions and totaling them against targets.

Its how the used can select from a list of countries, total or count the results then build a string based on selections and find if there is target on that group of countries.

Thanks.