Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Stacked Bar Chart: Need tooltip to show total stack value

Hi,

I have a stacked bar chart showing SUM( Income ), the X-Axis is Year, and the stack is split by Department. I need the tooltip for the stack block to show the value of the SUM( Income ) for the Department (as per the default) and also show the total for the stack. I can do the customized tooltip easily enough, but can not get the total for the stack.

I assume that I need to use set analysis, and thought that SUM( {$<Department=>} Income ) would have given me the total for the stack, i.e. all current selections ignoring Department. However, I also realize that technically Department has not been selected.

Does anybody know how can I achieve this?

Thanks!

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I think you need Sum(TOTAL <Department> Income) to get the stack total.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jonathan - very close, I had to use SUM( TOTAL <Year> Income ) i.e. Year rather than Department, which worked exactly as I needed it to. Using Department gave me the total for Department across all years, I needed total for the year across all departments.