Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PY
Contributor II
Contributor II

Stacked Bar Chart using multiple dimensions and multiple expression

Chart.png

I am trying to create the chart above using the sample data above.

The expressions are

* Sum({<NT/OT={'NT'}>}Hours)

* Sum({<NT/OT={'OT'}>}Hours)

The dimensions are

* Name,

* Category -> Activity (Drill Down)

But I am unable to get them to stacked on top of each other like the chart I drew above.

Anyone has any clue?

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I don't think that chart is possible. You can have 2 dimensions with a single expression, or 1 dimension and 1 or more expressions, but you cannot do 2 dimensions with 2 expressions.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

joboro
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is this still not possible? I am trying to achieve the same with Nov 2022 Version of Qlik Sense to create a simple Gantt Chart (without the need for extensions).

I would like to colour code the bar charts based on the "Code" Value but unfortunally only one dimension is valid, if two measures are used...

qls.png

joboro_0-1670417887640.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I don't think that chart is possible. You can have 2 dimensions with a single expression, or 1 dimension and 1 or more expressions, but you cannot do 2 dimensions with 2 expressions.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

See the following Help link and scroll down to the Chart Properties: Style section, that should be the details for which you are looking:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Bar_Chart.htm

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
joboro
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is this still not possible? I am trying to achieve the same with Nov 2022 Version of Qlik Sense to create a simple Gantt Chart (without the need for extensions).

I would like to colour code the bar charts based on the "Code" Value but unfortunally only one dimension is valid, if two measures are used...

qls.png

joboro_0-1670417887640.png