Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Stacked bar chart question

Hi,

I want to display a total budget vs spend to date, and have a bar chart stacked to show how much has been spent vs the total budget.

Seems like this should be a stacked bar chart and it looks like what I was expecting, except it adds the two values, so literally stacks the two on top of each other, rather than overlay the spend on top of the total budget.

Thanks

Simon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

8 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

can you post your sample apps?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Tick Plot Values inside Segments in Presentation tab.

Make sure Values on Data Points ticked for both expression

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Another Option is VALUES on Data Points untick for both expressions...

Create another expression

'Budget :'&SUM(Budget) &CHR(10)&

'Spend :'&SUM(Spend)

Untick Bar and Tick Values on Data Points....

maxgro
MVP
MVP

if you choose stacked Qlikview stacks the two on top of each other

IMHO I tkink is better to use a combo chart (image) or a chart with only delta (absolute or %)

spend vs budget.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the feedback.

Not quite what I'm looking for though. If, for example, the total budget is 100 and the total spend was 50, I wanted the graph to show a bar of 100, that was half full.

I've attached an illustration of what I'm after. Test1 is what I want to see should Total budget be 100 and the spend 50. I've had to fudge it so that they are both 50.  I want all the bars to be 100 high, but it keeps stacking them on top of each other. So a 100, 100 combo would be completely red, bot 100 blue and 100 red.

Thanks

SimonScreen Shot 2014-01-30 at 13.58.23.png

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Like this?@

Not applicable
Author

Fantastic, thanks for your help, that's exactly what I was after! 

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Welcome to the Qlik World 🙂