Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Join us at the Cloud Data and Analytics Tour! REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikuser2021
Contributor II
Contributor II

Statistics Box Shows all values as null and missing unless a selection is made

Statistics box shows null count and missing count for all rows when no selection is made.   n/a for average, min, and max.  I confirmed there are no null or missing values.  How do I get it to show the totals for all rows when no selection is made.  I want to display the average balance for all rows not just when a selection is made. 

Labels (1)
4 Replies
rwunderlich
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

n/a is typically shown when there are only non-numeric values available. Add the "Numeric Count" function to your stats box. 

-Rob

qlikuser2021
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Numeric count, total count, and sum = 0.   Average, min, and max = n/a  when nothing is selected.  If I select anything then they populate as expected.  I was expecting it to have counts when nothing is selected as if everything was selected.  Is there a way to get it to display statistics for all rows when nothing is selected?

rwunderlich
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If Numeric Count = 0 then that means there are no numbers to compute an Average, Min or Max against.  In which case n/a makes sense.  What I don't understand is why it changes when you make selections?  Are you making selections directly against the field, like in a listbox?

-Rob

qlikuser2021
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes.  When I make selections in a list box the statistics calculate as expected.  If I clear all the selections  it shows Numeric count, total count, and sum = 0.   Average, min, and max = n/a