Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Store into CSV not working in management console reload

I have seen several threads on the subject of macros to fire file extracts not working in the QV management console reload, and suggested workarounds include using store to CSV in the load script and external commands.

My preference is to use the store to CSV in the load script, and it works on debugging and on reload generated from my PC, but will not execute from the server management console reload.

Is this a permissions issue that can be resolved? Do not wish to set up an external command which will be dependant on scheduling on my PC.

Any observations/solutions out there?

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

It sounds like a permission issue because the qmc task runs with another user which might have no access to your wanted path. At first you should change the path to a local server-path on which the qmc-user has definitely an access. If this worked you need to find another path for your file and/or to change the access-rights for the qmc-user.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your suggestion. I have already tried making the wanted path on the QV server , but that produced the same result, ie aborted the reload through QMC. Still flummoxed...what access rights would need to be changed for the QMC user, ie myself?

marcus_sommer

Just use the testing the program data folder of the qlikview-server - there will be definitely write-access for the qmc-user. Further make sure that your path is really valid for example by using variables within the path that they are evaluated properly and/or by using relative paths that they work (just try to create a load-statement from any file within your target-folder and the copy the path and remove the statement).

- Marcus