Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yrstruly
Contributor
Contributor

Straight Table & Incorporating Non Relational Data Into Model To Display Required Data

Would Somebody Please Assist?

Here follows Instructions: 

Import tables: ClaimsListing, ClaimsMaster, RegionDescription.
PS - Note that the delimiter is ','

(i)The description for "CLAIM TYPE CODE" is in the table GetClaimType

(ii) Display the Excesss Total Value per Unique Claim entry on the ClaimsListing table by adding the different type of Excesses together.

(iii) Ensure your date selection has an option to view data by Incident Period (MM/YYYY).

See Data Model Attached:

Please Note that there is two non related tables. According to the assignment. I must display  Incident Period (MM/YYYY). I

can only do that when i i bring in my non related tables or am i wrong please correct me?

Also is my Straight Table Display Correct? Please find data here(without bugs): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NzkGzOr4-b9gqQiRkVR_khqQYtD_pQVz

Thank You In Advance.

5 Replies
adityaakshaya
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,
While going through the data model, I can see synthetic keys are there. Please remove those and also, can you let me know the application name on the drive you shared so that I can give a try on this.

Regards,
Akshaya
yrstruly
Contributor
Contributor
Author

whats the verdict?
adityaakshaya
Creator III
Creator III

Hi ,

Sorry for replying late.

I went through your data model. There are few question where I need some clarification.

1. Is Policy Number a unique row identifier?

2. Do you want to add catastrophe with incident date in claim master

3. I could see Claim status table contains claim type code details. am I correct?

Regards,

Akshaya

yrstruly
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Thank You For The Reply.

1. Is Policy Number a unique row identifier?

I Believe it's suppose to be, i seem to have found duplicates have you?

2. Do you want to add catastrophe with incident date in claim master?

I think that's the way to bring in the desired visualization as instructed?

3. I could see Claim status table contains claim type code details. am I correct?

Yes. If you look at the requirements from step 1 you will see that there are two tables not part of the Snowflake Data Model. I am available via Team viewer, are you?