Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Straight Table chart with linear gauge chart

Hi,

I have attached qvw which has bar chart in straight table chart.

I want to use linear gauge chart instead of bar for the same field.

Need your help on this as unable to show linear gauge chart.

Thanks,

19 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Because 14 is very small value when compared to 7287, that's why it is not visible. If you increase the width of the Linear gauge column you can view that.

LinearGauge.PNG

Regards,

Jagan.

quiquehm
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Jagan,

I am trying to do exactly the same that you show in your printscreen, but I would need to add some colour coding to the bars. My data is normalized to percentages, so I simply need to color code the bars on 3 different colors : Green from 0 to 90% , Yellow from 91% to 100% and Red for % higher than 100%.

I am trying to apply some nested if statements for this ( as it seems the color of the bar allows a calculated condition ), but for whatever reason it does not work.

See below screen clips...any idea of what could be rong here ?

linear_gauges_color_coding.JPG

Gauge properties : you can see here the color button for the Lower Bound has an f(x) label ( indicating a calculated condition is setup in the background )

gauge_properties.JPG

Clicking on the color button :

calculated_based_color.JPG

Then, this is the nested if statement in the expression :

calculated_based_color_expresion.JPG

Unfortunately these are workarounds to overcome the limitation of Qlikview not having bullet charts out of the box , or not being able for example to display a thinner bar inside a wider bar , kind of a temp meter display for my setup above ( rather than showing 2 bars side by side )

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

Enrique

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan Mohan,

I like the linear gauge presentation in the qvw you have posted. I am trying to recreate the linear gauge style with the pipes in the background and a smaller green bars. Could you please tell me how you were able to get that style?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Shruti,

Check this screenshot

Mini Chart.png

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much for the screenshot Jagan!

But I have tried to do exactly like you have in your qvw file, and still can't get the pipes behind the bars.

Please find attached the screenshot and the qvw file itself. The first chart is your chart and the second one is what I am trying to recreate.

Appreciate your help.

Capture.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shruthi ,

Uncheck the Show Scale  and Show labels on Every ..

Pls refer screenshot

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Senthil,

I have tried both checking and unchecking them They are just the same .. Please find the qvw file attached and the screenshot.

Please let me know if you are able to recreate the same style in the second chart.

Capture-Chen.PNG.png

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I Created the same chart with the settings attached in screenshot.  Please find attached file with new chart.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jagan and Senthil,

I finally got the anser to this and it worked when I increased the Text size to 140% under "Custom Format Cell". You would get to Custom Format cell by right clicking on that Column of the chart. The lines will go away as soon as you make the text size 100%

Please find attached the screenshot.

Capture.PNG.png

quiquehm
Contributor III
Contributor III

does anybody know why the calculated base color expression on the gauge does not work ? its color should change based on the nested if statement ( grenn, yellow, red ).

thanks !!