Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Straight Table displaying excluded values

Hi

I have created a few list boxes and a straight table with about 36 dimensions and 3 expressions. 24 of the dimensions have conditional color formatting based on the value that displays in the cell.

When I make a selection in one list box specifically (call it Status), 2 major errors occur: the straight table refreshes but does not remove the excluded values. Within those values that should be excluded but continue to display, the conditional coloring that was present disappears (this is less of an issue, I believe, because once the rows appropriately do not display, conditional formatting won't matter. Including the observation here in the event that it triggers a root cause).

These errors do not happen when making selections in any other list box as long as Status is not selected; in other words, if a value is selected in Status (either on its own or in combination with a selection in another list box) the error occurs.

I have tried removing the Status list box and adding it back and still get the error.

Help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this may be (added * in your second expression)

Count({$<[Status] -= {"Active", "Open"}>} [Empl ID])

Count({$<[Status] *= {"Active", "Open"}>} [Empl ID])

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

I think your expressions must be excluding selections in the fields you are making. Can you check if you have these in your expression:

Assuming you make selection in Year field and it doesn't exclude the year, you might be having one of this in your expression

1) Sum({1}Sales) -> 1 excludes everything

2a) Sum({<Year> Sales) - > excludes selection in year

2b) Sum({<Year = >} Sales) -> Same as above

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I do... I wanted 1 column to count all active employees and 1 column to count all not-active employees.

I guess because I have conflicting expressions and when I select a status value that is why I am still seeing excluded data? Any better way?

1 expression: count(count({$<[Status]-={"Active","Open"}>}  [Empl ID])

2 expression: count(count({$<[Status]={"Active","Open"}>}  [Empl ID])

sunny_talwar

Try this may be (added * in your second expression)

Count({$<[Status] -= {"Active", "Open"}>} [Empl ID])

Count({$<[Status] *= {"Active", "Open"}>} [Empl ID])