Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Straight Table query

Hi All,

i have a qvd which have data for yesterday date and one month old date. in the straight table, i want to capture new items which are added from one month old date. In the script, i have loaded data from both the dates. and in the straight table,

Dimensions:

Item Name

Calculated Dimension as If (Date = '$(vlastmonthdate) and isnull([Item Name]), null(), [Item Name]

Expression:

only({<Daterecord={'$(=vtoday)'}>}[Item Name])

but i am not getting desired results?

please advise

thanks in advance

Sukhwant

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, could you add one example of your app and expected results? Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

data in QVD
DateItem NameSales
9/15/2016abc10
9/15/2016bcd20
9/15/2016cde30
9/15/2016efg40
9/15/2016fgh5060
9/15/2016ghi50
8/15/2016abc20
8/15/2016bcd300500
8/15/2016cde230

Expected Result in Straight table
DateItem NameSales
9/15/2016efg40
9/15/2016fgh5060
9/15/2016ghi50
sunny_talwar

May be this:

=Sum({<[Item Name] = {"=Max(Date) = Max(TOTAL Date) and Count(DISTINCT Date) = 1"}>}Sales)

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

thanks Sunny.

So for Example sake, i used 2 dates and thus i am using variables in Expression. in reality i have all 20 odd working dates data along with years data. will the above work in this case as well?

thanks

sunny_talwar

So when you have multiple dates, would you only want to see an item which never showed up before this month?

Not applicable
Author

yes . as mentioned in the original question, i want to only show new addition of items between today and last month

sunny_talwar

May be try what I have above or try this:

=Sum({<[Item Name] = {"=Max(Date) = Max(TOTAL Date) and Count(DISTINCT {<Date = {'>=$(=Date(Max(Date, 2)))'}>} Date) = 1"}>}Sales)

Make sure that you date field in the script is created like this if you use the above expression

LOAD Date(Date) as Date,

FROM ...