Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Straight table export to Excel 2010

Hi all,

I am occuring some problems when exporting the results of a straigth table into Excel 2010. In the Presentation tab of this table, we have defined that the Total must be shown at the button of the table.  Exporting this to Excel 2007 works fine. Exporting the same straight table into Excel 2010, the data will always be shown on top.

Do I have to change a setting elsewhere or is this a setting in Excel 2010?

Thanks,

Pieter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

How do you export the chart to Excel? Qlikview doesn't know the difference between (or even the existence of) Excel 2007 and Excel 2010. So unless you use a macro that creates an excel instance to do the exporting, what Qlikview exports is exactly the same no matter what excel version you're using. It's all the old .xls biff format.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

How do you export the chart to Excel? Qlikview doesn't know the difference between (or even the existence of) Excel 2007 and Excel 2010. So unless you use a macro that creates an excel instance to do the exporting, what Qlikview exports is exactly the same no matter what excel version you're using. It's all the old .xls biff format.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply.

I exported the chart to Excel with the Excel button on the upper right side of the table. As a test I have created a pivot with the same data, and export this to Excel 2007 and 2010. This works quite well