Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michelivor
Contributor III
Contributor III

Strange Mapping Load and ApplyMap

Hi,

I found one thing today that I've never seen before and can't understand. Re-writing a script as part of migrating an QV environment to a new server and QDF for a customer. I stumbled upon a script where the ApplyMap (for a certain map) was before the Mapping Load.

Checking the log, yes ApplyMap was some 350 rows before Mapping Load.

• ErrorMode is set to 1 (default)
  • No Subroutines or Included scripts.

Anyone who can give me a hint how this can work, something I haven’t thought of???

Regards

//Michel

14 Replies
sunny_talwar

And this runs without any errors?

michelivor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, it shure does...

sunny_talwar

Any hiddent script which might have another mapping load? The hidden script are usually at the beginning and they won't even show up on the log file

michelivor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No, not that either.

I have a couple of times, when designing the UI, ended up where I have had to throw away an object due it crashed. Throwing it away and re-writing it will do the trick but never with the script, never during my 15y developing QV apps.

sunny_talwar

My experiences is far less than yours, but I have not heard of something like this before... so I am in the same boat as you are....

Would it be possible to share the snippet of the log file?

michelivor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Not at the moment, I'm not at the office right now.

See if I can do it tomorrow.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Any chance that this code in the wrong order is embedded in SUBroutines?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

BTW ApplyMap before Mapping Load works in all version of QlikView before 12.10. It won't produce any errors and neither will it produce any decent output. Just NULL values.

binujose1982
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Michel,

As Peter mentioned, ApplyMap before mapping Load works in all version of QlikView before 12.10.

I have faced this issue when, I migrate Qlikview 11 to 12. As a quick fix, i moved Maaping load script just before the apply map statement.

Hope this will help you..

Regards,

Binu