Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange behavior in bar chart

Hi,

I have a very simple bar chart. 

qv18.jpg

My expression is SUM(TOTAL) on FISCAL YEAR as dimension.  I don't know where that last bar is coming from after 2017.  As you can see in my selections, I don't have a blank or anything after 2017.  I checked my database, the Fiscal Year is between 2012 and 2017.  I am confused where QV gets $27,976,097.

Does anyone know why this is happening or what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

You can remove that by checking 'Suppress When Value Is Null' on the dimension tab. The reason might be that the two of the things are coming from different table where there are Total which are not associated with any FISCAL YEAR

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

You can remove that by checking 'Suppress When Value Is Null' on the dimension tab. The reason might be that the two of the things are coming from different table where there are Total which are not associated with any FISCAL YEAR

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Sydney,

can you upload an example QVW that illustrates the issue?

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

Your keywords "...Total which are not associated..." prompted me to re-examine my qv data model.  By mistake, I had

two tables with the same column named "Total" which caused my problem.  I've renamed one of the them and manually

fixed all of my expressions to reflect this change.  It's working now.  So thank you.

This brings up another question.  If I had 20 expressions which use SUM(TOTAL) and the column got renamed

to say TOTAL2, is there an intelligent way to tell QV to update all the expressions to read SUM(TOTAL2)?

jcs_2015
Contributor III
Contributor III

You can make your expression a variable... any change to the variable will populate through any object referencing that variable (aka expression).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

My guess is that QV will update this automatically.

sunny_talwar

On few occasions it will automatically updates the name, but I would suggest using Expression Overview (Ctrl + Alt + E) to do a Find/Replace within all possible places

Capture.PNG

This will cover almost all places where you use a particular field (there are places, i have seen it skipping, but I guess it would be very difficult to find all places any other way also).

HTH

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It did not update any of my expressions.  That's why I asked.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you.  I will try it and keep this in my mind when I need it.

sunny_talwar

Sounds good