Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Strange behaviour-Missed the qvw file

Hi All,

I was moving an application SalesApp.qvw from DEV to UAT folder after doing some changes. The same SalesApp.qvw is already existed in UAT.

While copying in the middle I cancelled the process. But my existing SalesApp.qvw file was gone from UAT machine folder.

Where can I find that application? Why it has happened?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check whether there is any batch file or any job running which transfers file?  or check with your admin for details.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
avinashelite

As per my knowledge, this scenario happen whenever your batch file or any QMC task is running and if you try to make replace then the file may get miss... to get the file check with your ADMIN , ask them to restore from the server backups  

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II
Author

Verified... But not found the file.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

hi,

frm next time u need to take a back up for evry qvw... and need to create prj   file   where ur actual application is available   with      .prj    if u create lik dat   the qvw will opened when original qvw lost or crashed.

hope this helps next time.

Suresh chanty

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check whether there is any batch file or any job running which transfers file?  or check with your admin for details.

Regards,

Jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Check the backup copy with your admin .as if backup is going on daily. This helps.

Regard's,

Bunny