Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator

Strange issue with Reload Data- Need suggestion

Hello Experts,

We have found an issue with deployed application. Issue is something like this.

End user find out the final figures (near to/) doubles than original for some metrics when we are doing refresh at multiple times in a day.

When we schedule once in a day, figures are matching with DB figures, however when we are refreshing multiple times this issue is there but not every time, once in a week or two weeks.

Incremental code is OK as of now... what might be the reason for this strange behavior.

Any suggestions pls?

9 Replies
Colin-Albert

Is your reload concatenating the same data twice?

Are you joining any tables? If so does your join match two rows so the values are included twice? ApplyMap will avoid this rather than joining tables.

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

In that case, it should be multiplied how many times i reload those many times. But here it is not happening every time and even i run it 10 times in a day, it is showing double result.

However your point is valid. I will check it also. Thank you.

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

Can anybody give more suggestions pls?

Colin-Albert

Can you post your load script?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Create a TableBox with $Table and $Rows. Check for row count differences when you see the doubles when you do not.

-Rob

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Just thinking, have you looked at the source system? Could it be the way that system posts information in the data, moving between draft, Posting, Posted?

Think like suggested, pin down what is duplicated and on which tables and then you can focus more where to trouble shoot.

Mark

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

Sure Colin, i will try to figure out the issue today. If i cannot i will take your help. Thanks.

avinashelite

Hi Sridhar,

Add a column with the reload time stamp and check at each reload how much data is getting added to the dashboard. With the time column you can compare the DB data and your script this would give a better way to analyze  the issue

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Coil,

We are unable to figure out the issue. Can you help me on this?

Which one you need? is that script related to generator? or mail application?

I believe, you need the script of incremental load generator? Right?