Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pennetzdorfer
Creator III
Creator III

Strange issue with Select in Field

Hey,

Currently I'm struggling with the following issue:  My data model consists of two tables which aren't linked to each other (data islands). Via Field Event Triggers I pass selections from one field to another (Document Settings > Triggers > Field Event Triggers)

test.jpg

Search string:

='(' & GetFieldSelections(A.Region , '|') & ')'  

There's just one problem when regarding "Select Excluded".  I select "Austria" and invert the Selection --> so the Current Selections Box shows "NOT Austria". I would expect to have the same selection in Field B.Region - but the selection is only applied for values that exist in A.Region....

Please find the attached QVW file.

Is Qlikview meant to behave like that?

Regards,

Florian

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Under Settings > User Preferences > General, you can change the amount of items being listed in the current selections (Default is 6, if you change it to 50 for example you will get a list of all your items).

However, this is a user side setting so if you change it in your QlikView installation it will not carry through to other users.

pennetzdorfer
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Okay, I can see the problem now ... thanks for explaining!

Well, do you have any idea how to achieve what I initially expected for "NOT Austria"?