Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Strange random sum in chart

Hi guys,

My application was working normally for some time and then suddenly the strange sum appeared. IT is a sum of others rows except one. I don't have any idea why it suddenly happened. If i open a straight qvw document from server - all is ok. If i open in in production with a user - then i see that strange sum. See attached example. Does anybody have ideas where this behaviour comes from?

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If there is a difference between opening the QVW on desktop and on server as a certain user, I would first check if section access with data reduction is applied to the QVW. Maybe the user's row level access is removing some field values that lead to this behaviour.

Can't tell more with knowing more details about your QVW and settings.

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Julius,

have You checked  'Hide when null values' in Dimension Tab ?

Not applicable
Author

Yes i use data reduction. But actualy it does not remove the line it adds that strange sum.

I'm checking with a user that has full access to all data on reports but seems all users are the same. In section access I am also using sheet security

Not applicable
Author

Actualy I did it right now and it removes the value but I'm calculating all the sums of that variable in a textfield and it calculates that random sum anyway:

This is how the formula looks:

=Num(Sum(LimitAts),'# ##0.00 €')

tabledata.PNG

this is how the table structure where i calculate the sum looks(see attached file)

Not applicable
Author

I came with an idea when loading this table to eliminate 0 values rows in qlikview load script and i don't know if it is this but now i don't see that strange sum. Hopefully it will not come back...