Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sub-Groups of Expression Groups?

Hi All,

I think I already know the answer to this, but wanted to double-check / confirm my thoughts with the wider audience that is QlikCommunity.

Does anyone know if there Is a way to generate more than one cyclic groups of expressions from within the same chart or table?

In essence, what I'm looking and hoping to achieve is to create grouped expressions that have sub-grouped expressions.

For instance:

Vegetable (grouped expression) reveals a sub-grouped expressions list that offers:

- Onion;

- Potatoes;

- Carrot

as part of the selection process.

Currently I'm guessing not, but if anyone knows of a workaround this then I would be interested to find out more about it.

Thanks and best wishes, Mike.

4 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Mike,

Can you expand a bit on your for instance, e.g. how would you be generating those values in expressions which are then cyclic groups?

I started messing with some ideas but got a little lost

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam,

Many thanks for your response.  I think, looking at the app you've created, you've concentrated on mulitple groupings of Dimensions.  What I'm looking to achieve is multiple groupings of Expressions.

I've updated your application to demonstrate what I'm looking to achieve.

The cyclical group icon will reveal the 3 main 'types' - Veg, Packet & Drink.  What I'm looking to determine is whether it's at all possible to generate sub-sets within each of the three main types, each housing the 'subtypes' as per your previous version of the application.

I also wanted to implement a fast change process between bar chart and pivot table which I have added to your application.

Thanks and best wishes, Mike.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Mike,

Makes sense now thank you.

I'll have a ponder and see if I can imagine a way to make this work!

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Ok no simple solution but one of the answers here should help!

How to get the used expression?