Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arnoqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Subtotal for a specific value dimension in a pivot table

Hello,

This is my first post in this community so please tell me if you need further information.

In my dimension 'Period' I have 2 levels of information. Amount superior to 3 months and everything (= total).

The subtotals in the pivot table add '3 months' and 'total' while I'd like to only add when the dimension value is 'total'.

Subtotal_actual.png

What can I do?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Note : I didn't find a way to upload a test.qvw file. Basically I use an Excel file having these data:

XF3Y8NXbWZ.png

'Amount' expression is =sum(Amount)

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I suspect the reason you have not received any responses is folks are likely a bit confused as to what you really want, as what you describe does not really make sense given your data already has the 'total' why would you then want to total the total, unless you mean totally just the total lines in which case I think your larger issue may be your data model, as it will likely be easier if you have the raw data and then use the expressions in the pivot table chart to do the totals there...  I think some further explanation would be helpful here as to the underlying use case and why the data is pre-aggregated...

One area you can search for how-to related posts is:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

And I always recommend reviewing the Help for the topic as well:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Pivot_Table.htm

Sorry I do not have anything better for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.