Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Subtotals by data values in fields - straight and pivot table

Can anyone tell me how to make subtotals by data values in a particular field.  Pretty sure this will be a straight table I do this on.  See the attachement for an excel example.   Thanks MA

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

See if this is helpful (PFA)

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

17 Replies
sunny_talwar

Subtotals are available in the pivot table and you can find them on the Presentation tab of the chart properties (it is referred as Partial Sum)

Partial Sum.PNG

HTH

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thats not what Im looking for.    lets say I have 2 columns.    color and cost

color      cost

red          1

blue          1

orange     2

yellow     1

brown     4

green     2

so now I want  asubtotal on  red and blue , one for orange   one for yellow,brown and green.  then a grand total of all colors.   I can get the grand total, but dont know how to get the subtotal of specific values of the field color.

sunny_talwar

I apologize for not understanding your question earlier. I am still unsure about how you are grouping different color? Is there a logic behind putting Red and Blue together and leaving Orange alone and then combining Yellow, Brown and Green?

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

no no logic as I would be using different data, the colors was just a made up example to help in understanding what I was asking

sunny_talwar

What I mean is, QlikView needs to know where exactly to put this subtotals. One day you want it to be Red and Blue and next day you would want it to be Red and Yellow. There needs to be some kind of logic to group things, right?

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

the clients tell us what values go together and they will always stay together unless at some point down the road they want to add or change the values.

sunny_talwar

Makes sense, Let me see if I can get your subtotals to work...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks tons   Ive tried the demensions hack but that really didnt work as I had to add more fields (place holder)

sunny_talwar

See if this is helpful. (PFA)

Best,

Sunny