Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Subtotals in Pivot table - total fixed at bottom?

Hi,

I'm using a pivot table to show a number of sales by product, split by month. Default qlikview behaviour allows me to put the totals per product on the final column, and the totals per month on the bottom. (subtotals at bottom), or totals on the left and top (subtotals at top).

We're talking 1000's of products (depending on other criteria selected), so the table has a vertical scroll. I have enough screen real estate to display all months, so no horizontal scroll.

Business preference is to see the product totals on the right in the last column (logically the correct place for them to be), but month totals at the top so they don't have to scroll to see the end of the table. Either that, or find someway of fixing the totals per month at the bottom but allow the user to continue to scroll through the individual product list.

Using QV 11.20 SR6

Are either of these possible?

Thanks,

Rory.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rory,

Go to Presentation tab there you see Dimension and Expression, there when you select totals per month below the options you see the Radio button Subtotals on top under Label for Subtotals.

See the snapshotSubtotalsPivot.png.

Hope this helps

Regards

Neetha

Not applicable
Author

Hi Neetha,

Thanks.

That setting applies for all dimensions though from what I can tell. What I need to be able to do is set one dimension to show subtotals at bottom (Month, so they show on the right) and the other at top (Product, so they show on the top).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rory.

michael_anthony
Creator II
Creator II

I think you've got it correct that can set Top + Left or Bottom + Right, but not for each dimension.  Best I could think of is that if your Months are static, then expressions, 1 per month then a total as the last, or maybe a calculated dimension / pre-defined dimension that does similiar.