Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sum of Rows, Aggr, and Bar Charts

Hello - I need some help converting the sum of rows expression that I've achieved in a straight table into a bar chart.

In the Straight Table I am determining the total Opportunity by a single Source file. To do this, I take the avg rate from the source file, subtract it from the avg rates for that Role, Type, and Country in the file (using exclude and possible) to arrive at the Opportunity amount.

The Straight Table and expressions work as intended (just need to select a single source file).

The question is how to replicate this Opportunity expression into an aggregated bar chart. I can get it to render, but the numbers do not match the total output of the straight table.

For example, if you select Source 7, you will see the total Opportunity is 18,287 in the straight table.

If you cycle to the Firm dimension, export the bar chart to excel, and sum the Opportunity column, you see the total for Firms is -1071.

There is an exception here. If you select one Firm and cycle to another dimension (Role, Type, or Country) the bar chart calculation works! It seems the error is occurring at the Firm level, but I can't be sure.

I appreciate everyone's help in advance. Let me know if you need more information.

0 Replies