Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sum of Rows Equivalent in a single value

Hi,

I have a situation where I calculate departed over Head Count on each month. Simple Formula with Sum(DepartedCount)/Sum(HeadCount) will provide the required calculation. I need to accumulate these values for each month over a fiscal year to date. ie. If the user select Jan as the month, values from July to Jan should be accumulated similar to sum of rows in an expression in a straight table. The situation is complicated due to calculating months upto fiscal year to date using set analysis by ignoring monthly and yearly selections.

See sample attached.

The expected outcome is 13.18% in a text box, for the selections:

CalendarYearDisplay = 2016

Month = Jan

Appreciate any assistance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this:

=NUM(

Sum({$<Month=,CalendarYearDisplay=, FiscalYear={"$(=max(FiscalYear))"},FiscalMonthNumber={"<=$(=max(FiscalMonthNumber))"}>}Aggr(

Sum({$<Month=,CalendarYearDisplay=, FiscalYear={"$(=max(FiscalYear))"},FiscalMonthNumber={"<=$(=max(FiscalMonthNumber))"}>}DepartedCount)/

Sum({$<Month=,CalendarYearDisplay=, FiscalYear={"$(=max(FiscalYear))"},FiscalMonthNumber={"<=$(=max(FiscalMonthNumber))"}>}HeadCount)

,FiscalMonthYear))

,'#,##0.##%')

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

=NUM(

Sum({$<Month=,CalendarYearDisplay=, FiscalYear={"$(=max(FiscalYear))"},FiscalMonthNumber={"<=$(=max(FiscalMonthNumber))"}>}Aggr(

Sum({$<Month=,CalendarYearDisplay=, FiscalYear={"$(=max(FiscalYear))"},FiscalMonthNumber={"<=$(=max(FiscalMonthNumber))"}>}DepartedCount)/

Sum({$<Month=,CalendarYearDisplay=, FiscalYear={"$(=max(FiscalYear))"},FiscalMonthNumber={"<=$(=max(FiscalMonthNumber))"}>}HeadCount)

,FiscalMonthYear))

,'#,##0.##%')

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Many thanks for prompt response.