Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clemmytang
Contributor III
Contributor III

Summing SET ANALYSIS with DISTINCT Variable

Hi,

I am working on writing an expression that pulls in the Total $ for the current year, based on episode number.  However, since episode number is repetitive on multiple  claim lines, I would want the expression to be distinct on the episode number.

CY TOTAL PAID $:

=SUM({$<[Report Year] = {'Current Year'}>} TOTAL_ALLOWED)

CY TOTAL EPISODES
:

=COUNT({$<[Report Year] = {'Current Year'}>} DISTINCTepisode_num)

I have the expressions laid out, but realized the CY TOTAL PAID value in the first expression is not distinct based on episode number, so the $ is tripling its value.  How would I make the SUM of the SET ANALYSIS in CY TOTAL PAID to be SUMMING based on DISTINCT episode number only?

Please advise.

Thank you,
Clem

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

may be below

=sum(aggr(SUM({$<[Report Year] = {'Current Year'}>} TOTAL_ALLOWED),episode_num))

or

=sum( distinct aggr(SUM({$<[Report Year] = {'Current Year'}>} TOTAL_ALLOWED),episode_num))

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

may be below

=sum(aggr(SUM({$<[Report Year] = {'Current Year'}>} TOTAL_ALLOWED),episode_num))

or

=sum( distinct aggr(SUM({$<[Report Year] = {'Current Year'}>} TOTAL_ALLOWED),episode_num))

clemmytang
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you so much, Kush!!

It was the first expression that lined up!

Much appreciation,

Clem

Kushal_Chawda

Glad that helpful