Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Suppress zero-values is checked, but null values showed

Hi everyone,

I have a question relative to suppress zero-values by the check in presentation tab.

I have a Bar Chart where I just show one Expression, but this Expression is based on other 'Invisible' Expressions where I make some complex set analisis.

I have a condition in the Expression I use for the Bars in Chart, in order to just show positive values and change the negative values by a null, so I avoid show these negative values. (Supress Zero-Values is checked)

The problem is that I can see some dimension values with nulls in my graph, and I would like not to show this values.

There is any way to not show this null values ?

I would like to avoid this solutions:

- Edit Dimension to put all the complex set analysis with a condition

- Write the complex set analysis in just one Expresion

Thanks a lot

8 Replies
manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

Please upload a sample qvw and let me see if I can be of any help

Not applicable
Author

Go to the dimensions tab, select the dimension and check supress when value is null.

Regards,

Kiran.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for you answer, the check in Dimension tab is selected, but the problem is relative to the Expressions.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Manoj,

I have attached an easy example.

Thanks a lot.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Since rest of the expressions have non null values, the dimension is displayed in the chart. As an alternative you can define a variable for each of aux expressions and evaluate them in the final expression. Attached a working example demonstrating the same.

Kiran.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Have you tried to use below expression?

IF(SUM(C2) > 0, C2, 0)

Not sure, if I'm missing something here but this should be straight forward. I'm attaching the sample QVW file.

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi everyone,

The thing is that the 'Suppress Zero values' just works if all the Expressions are zero or Null, doesn't matter if some expressions are 'invisible'.

I think that currently there is no any way to supress the zero values in visible Expresions in the graph.

Maybe some times you would need to use some expressions to make calculations, but you dont want to show them in the graph, you just want to use them to make any visible Expresion based on other invisible Expresions.

Regards

whiteline
Master II
Master II

You have to force all your invisible expressions to equal null in case that you want to hide them.

Unfortunately sometimes it's easier not to use them.

Consider using variables as expression.