Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AH
Creator III
Creator III

Switching between currencies in a single text box

Hi All,

I need to create a text box which calculates the Gross Revenue (Sum of Line Amount) for Transactional, Functional and Reporting Currencies. But in one text box i would be able to switch between Currencies(Transactional, Functional and Reporting).

I have different Currencies(Transnational[ALL Currency], Functional[USD, GBP] and Reporting currency[USD].

Is there anyway you can help me with that? I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Ahmed

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

excuse me but is not clear for meme:

- how did you want switch from a currency to another?

- you dont can do the sum, for example, of transactional currencies, you cant sum e.g. EUR, USD and GBP, etc. Now

you sum inte text box Gross Revenue Transactioanl Currency) all currencies.

Please explain better.

Regards.

AH
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi GIUSEPPE,

Thanks for your reply.

I have three currency category (Transactional, Functional and Reporting).

Transactional Currency= 'USD', 'CAD', 'GBP', 'CHF', 'DKK' etc..

Functional Currency = 'USD', 'GBP'

Reporting Currency = 'USD'

My requirement is, I will have a Text box which will calculate the Gross amount using the Line amounts in tansactional, functional and reporting currency. But if i select the Functional Currency the text box will show the line amount in Functional currency (USD and GBP, i.e, when user select GBP from functional currency list box then they only see the line amount in GBP which is in this case be functional currency).

When the user select CAD from transactional currency list box they only can see line amount in transactional currency in the TEXT BOX in that case Line amount in CAD which is a transactioanl currency.

I am not sure if its achievable.

But thanks again for your reply.

Ahmed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

Tnak you.

Please can you try with this, I hope I have understand right and this can help you.

Best regards.

AH
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi GIUSEPPE,

Thanks for your reply. You made a Currency Type Inline table and that connected to the Line amount which is great. But i need to connect the Currency (Transactioanl, Functional and Reporting) as well.

Like, when the currency type is Transnational then the Currency List box will turned to all the Transactional Currency and from there i will be able to select a particular Currency like 'CAD' or 'CHF' or "SEK" and the Gross amount will change based on the selection.

Thanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate all your help.

Thanks,

Ahmed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

sorry but I dont understand what you want to do.

Do you want to have a list box of transactional currency?

Please, can you do a example (with Excel or other) of the result that you want?

Why you cant only put a simple listbox with transactional curency and you select there?

I really hope another person can help you better.

Thank you.

Regards.

AH
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi GIUSEPPE,

Thanks Again. I am attaching couple of images of what i actually wanted to achieve. I am also attaching the QVW and data excel file as well.

Image Transactioanl Currency file: When I select Currency Type as Transactional Currency then I would be able to select any currency( like, USD, CAD or SEK or CHF) from Transactional Currency List box. Currently, I can only select Transactioanl from the Currency Type list box. I am not able to select Transactional Currency from Transactional Currency list box.

What i want is, they should be connected, so that if i select Transactional Currency from Curreny Type list box then the Transactional Currency list box allow me to select any particular currency or more from the list box and the Gross amount changes based on the selections.

Same goes for Functional and Reporting Currencies.

Let me know if i am able to clear the confusion of what i really want. Again thanks for your help and i really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ahmed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

No problem, I think that you have no confusion but I simply dont understand!

So now it is clear but I try and I can select Transactional Type value and one or more currencies from Transactional currency (for example).

It seems that work fine.

Regards.