Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Synchronize block height in block chart

Is it possible to "straighten" a certain formula in a block chart to 100% to visualize the percentage between two formulas?

See attaced pictures - number 1 ist what I realized in QV so far, and number 2 is what I need.

The formulas are simply two sum()-formulas - budget should always be 100 %.number_1.JPGnumber_2.JPG

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Eva,

I would use a percentage scale for my bar chart then.

Try to set 100% to your budget for each dimension value. If you absolutely need to display also total values, you could create a second expression, and remove the bar tick from the display options, select Value on data points instead.

Please see attached.

The exact syntax for the expression is depending on your  data model, if you post some more information on that or a best a small sample app, I could help with that too.

Regards,

Stefan

mkirchhofer
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Eva,

maybe not exactly what you need but hopefully useful.

For me the visual effect isn't correct, to see two different Budget values with the same bar height.

best regards

Mario

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mario,

thanks for your reply - indeed, this is almost exactly what we need. I tried it before as bar chart, but this did not work 😉

Do you see any chance to get the total values displayed on the value bars? I played around with it, but couldnt get it to work.

You are right, that the visual effect could be confusing. But this layout is what the customers wants, because they are used to it.

Regards,

Eva

mkirchhofer
Contributor III
Contributor III

Eva_Stein schrieb:

... I played around with it, but couldnt get it to work.

Hi Eva,

me too!

I expect more isn't possible!

regards

Mario