Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Synthetic Keys

Can someone help me to remove synthetic keys in attached application?

I have enclosed both Data file and QVW.

I don't want to use Qualify or Rename any field, as it will not fulfill my purpose as data need to be as it is.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Personally I would rename some fields. But if you think you know best you can try forcefully concatenating the fact tables and duplicate the supplier fields with an alternative name. The result looks like

comm90484.png

See attached qvw for the script.

Edit: if Part Number is supposed to be the same as Item then this model is wrong too. You will have to rename fields or suffer the consequences, i.e. duplicate counts/sums etc. Or your original synthetic key.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Personally I would rename some fields. But if you think you know best you can try forcefully concatenating the fact tables and duplicate the supplier fields with an alternative name. The result looks like

comm90484.png

See attached qvw for the script.

Edit: if Part Number is supposed to be the same as Item then this model is wrong too. You will have to rename fields or suffer the consequences, i.e. duplicate counts/sums etc. Or your original synthetic key.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP
Author

Thanks for your reply. Let me clarify my needs so that you can suggest me better answer if is there any possible.

In my project, I have been asked to create a table which will give me Total QTY sold, Total QTY lost sale and TOTAL QTY in Inventory (i.e.TOTAL Stock) for Product Group and Supplier ID (Prime Supplier) as Dimension......

Let me know if is there any better solution...

Thanks in advance for your help....