Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SyteLine ERP & QlikView

Anyone out there ever build an app based off of SyteLine ERP data?  I have only seen one post on this back in 2009 that noone responded to.  Hoping someone has done this work before. If so, please share.

5 Replies
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I used to develop Crystal Reports from Syteline, wish I had QV back then.  It should be pretty straight forward, from what I remember.  If you are having issues, what are they?  IF you need design ideas, find your business line in Demo's page and download a demo to use as a starting point. 

What are your challenges?????

Not applicable
Author

Just trying to find out if there are any issues with getting the data out of Syteline given no connector. 

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If you are using Syteline 7 or newer, you should have a SQL database to work with, at least I did.  I do believe that Syteling 6 is a Progress Database and if you are on that version, then yes, you may have issues.  However, i would do a search for a Progress Connector or Driver.  I would think that there would be one available.  If there is not, I do know of a couple of great ETL tools you could use to move your Data from the source to a SQL database.

What version of Syteline are you using?

Not applicable
Author

Not sure yet. Just in discovery phase with client

Thank you for your input

mjt_childrens
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nate  is correct about SQL vs. Progress based Syteline.

If you are using a Progress-based version of Syteline you'll need to use a 3rd party ODBC driver - I used an ODBC driver from Merant.    It's been years since I've worked on Syteline with a Progress backend but "back in the day" I did tons of Crystal reports using the Merant ODBC driver.   The ODBC driver worked just fine with Crystal and should work fine with QlikView too.  

I'm not sure if Merant is stil the driver to use or if there is an updated option.   Check with your Infor support folks or check Progress/Syteline boards to get specifics.