Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajendras
Contributor III
Contributor III

Table Association

Hi

I have 5 tables out of 1 table is not associated with other 4 tables (All 4 tables are only joined). But when I use fields in non association table (I mean which are not linked with other 4 tables) in List Box, Here I am not understand how come Bar Chart are changing based on selection on List Box. We did not used fields from idle table in Bar Chart. Please educate me how come it is possible with out any join.

Thanks in advance

16 Replies
rajendras
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi

I am not able to share attachment because there is no attach option here.

Please suggest

rajendras
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Avinash,

I have attached the below file.

Thanks

avinashelite

Hi Rajen,

I saw your file ...You have added the TansLineID to the Bar chart and that's why the values are changing (only the TansLineID )

Most important if you observe carefully of any of  your TansLineID selection the bar values are not changing that mean without association the data is not changing ..only the associated values the TansLineID in Bar chart is changing not the values related to Order table..

To make it more clear add the Oder table values to table box and then make the selections in other tables which are not associated and check if the table box (which has only the columns form Order table) are changing !! since its not associated it will not change

Hope you got the answer you wanted

avinashelite

If you have got the answer please mark the correct and helpful answers

rajendras
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Avinash Now I understand what is happening over there.

Thanks to all who were assisted to me.

avinashelite

cool ...you need any thing more ? because you have marked it as helpful so it mean you have doubts ?

rajendras
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No Avinash..By mistake it selected