Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramanarayan
Creator
Creator

Table architecture

Hi Experts,

I have loaded 5 tables to build a new qv dashboard. Can someone please take a look and let me know if the joins and other requirements are good enough. I am having some challenges with a few object's behavior. Just checking if the tables loaded are ok.

Thanks,

Ram

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

We can go ahead because there is no Circular loops and/or Synthetic keys this time. But really not sure, How you done' Do you done changes in script as business needed or simple loaded?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A QlikView data model is not a universal abstract object for which there is only one correct shape. A data model is strictly tied to the things you would like to do with it in the user interface, and to the information your are storing in it.

Without that information (what is the purpose and what do the tables represent) it is impossible to comment on the correctness.

ramanarayan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your fast reply.

The challenge that i face is when i select 'never logged in' in activity status based on the expression i created it is picking up 'null' values from total days in the attached sample qvw. But the same expression i created in my dashboard does not work in the same way. What happens is i do not see 'null values' in total days list box. When i select 'never logged in' it is picking up other values from 'total days' which are non-blank.

Any thoughts? This is the reason my initial question about table structure was posted.

Thanks

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Hi

As peter said it is not possible to tell if it's correct or not but what you can do is check the information density and subset ratios of all the keys in your data model to be sure it fits your requirement.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
Anil_Babu_Samineni

True, Because the reports won't consider and taken the null premises. To show null values there is setting called "Suppress when value in null" either from dimension and/or from presentation tab of your report properties. So, Here you need to check that premise is often to work as expected.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful