Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II

Table box hide base on another table box

Hi,

I have 6 different charts on one tab, 2 of them are a table box which i use for detail. When I double click on one of them the current chart will minimize and the new one will appearing in the same location. For the two table box I want them to be excluded from the other 4 graphs, so when I double click on one them I want it to appear on a different location on the page but I do not want the graph to hide, the graph should only hide when the other 4 are clicked.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

There are different ways of doing this, but 1 example is attached.

Regards,

View solution in original post

6 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Ivan,

This is a very popular request, but is not possible with QV 8 or 9. You can only have 1 autominimize group per sheet. I think QV 10 allows multiple groups so you can define which objects should be group together for minimization. For now, you will need to design around this limitation.

Regards,

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Do you think a macro would work so it would hide and unhide the table? If so would you know what the code would be for this?

Thanks

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Sure, you can do this with a macro and then set a button to execute the macro. Check the API guide for more details, but I think the API you want is ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("ID").Minimize

Regards,

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Would you be able to provide a example qvw that does this?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

There are different ways of doing this, but 1 example is attached.

Regards,

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks! Nice work!