Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Table box showing BIG X

When I am trying to add a new filed in the exsiting table box.It is showing a BIG X on the table box .How i can fix it.

thanks in advance.

22 Replies
its_anandrjs

Hi,

May be in your Data model has synthetic keys or may be some calculation going on when you add a field in table box. It will be due to some keys that will not proper or any field has a large data set thats why it is occur.

Check for any circular loop also in the data model.

Hope this helps

Thanks & Regards

Not applicable
Author

It is not like that.Actually even if I remove some existing field from table box and again try to add it.it again showing the same big X on table box.

Not applicable
Author

How many fields do you have. How big is the application. I bet its the size. Try adding fields one by one and at one point you will find out when this x appears. It means at that point the threshold is reached (you might be having a RAM constraint).

Try doing a limited load it should work fine. Whenever you are working on Desktop version its good to use limited data set (if you dont have enough RAM).

its_anandrjs

Hi,

I suggest check your tables with dimension tables and fact tables might be some fields are in large data types as strings in character i mean to say. Also check there is any aggregation in the load script or not because of that when you add any field in the chart and when ram calculation occurs in the chart the ram overflows and the big X is shown. And check if any fields has large data width then use Trim(Fieldname) as newfieldname in load script to remove blank spaces from field and also check the data model performance is not slow when you add any field in the chart, also when you add any field and going to add second field in chart and if X comes check the field source and relation of the field among each other.

Hope this helps

Thanks & Regards

Greg_Williams
Employee
Employee

This is typically caused from RAM overuse.

Considerations:

1. Reduce the # of fields in your table

2. Swap out dates for (year, month, day) fields

3. Add Error message handling logic to avoid this X, e.g. if a field to filter down on is not selected, it will state, please select an item from the listbox to reduce the # of fields to display in the table

4. Remove set analysis or calculated fields in the table (move to the script)

There are other techniques, but these are some to focus on at first.

Not applicable
Author

It is not like that.as even when I remove an existing field from table box and try to add that field again in table.box it shows same big X.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you post a sample app, so that we can look over it and prove you soln in a better way.

Not applicable
Author

This is caused when fields used in Table Box are connecting to each other from multiple nodes at Data Model level(OverNormalized Data Model).

Are all the fields used in Table Box are coming from same QV Table? If not, try keeping only those fields which are from same table and see if it give a cross sign again or not.

Thanks,

Angad

Not applicable
Author

I am just using a single table.As mentioned when I remove one field from the table box and trying to again add field it shows big X on table box.

but when I add a totally new table box with all fields ,there is no problem.But adding a new table box caused a lot of rework for me.

I cant post a sample as it is my office work and it is for that particular situation.