Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Table columns totals dissapear in Server View (fine in Developer view)

Hi, im having a problem with column figures appearing correctly in developer view but NOT in server view.

The problem only affects 2 columns Monthly Budget + Monthly Actual (see developer & server screenshots below).

DEVELOPER VIEW (CORRECT)

error loading image

SERVER VIEW (INCORRECT - MISSING TOTALS)

error loading image

The afected column expressions are below:

--------------------

Monthly Budget expression

Sum({< Period={$(=max(Period))},Type={'GBP'},[Subj 12.10A]={'I&E'}>} [Budget])

Monthly Actual expression

Sum({< Period = {$(=max(Period))},Type={'GBP'},[Subj 12.10A]={'I&E'}>} [Actual])

------------------------

Basically i want the expression to always pick the max period of the selection. e.g. if periods 1-9 are selected then it will only take period 9.

Please help????

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

ANYONE?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Are your Developer and Server the same version? If not, what version is the server?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob, I believe server and developer are the same. My developer version is 9.00.7502.8 SR5

See details taken from console management.

Server System Info - product vers = 9.00.7440.8

Does this shed any light on the problem?

Not applicable
Author

Looks like your server is running a different SR of v9 to developer and thats probably causing the issue. Not sure what SR it is but SR4 is 9.0.7469.8 so its lower than that....

Gordon

suniljain
Master
Master

QV Server and Developer should have same version otherwise normally you will get this types of error.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

7440 is SR3 which is almost a year old. As a first step, you may want to upgrade the server to see if that fixes the problem.

suniljain
Master
Master

Pls updrade to QV9 SR7 .

Not applicable
Author

Dear all, thanks for your input. I will certainly look at the server / developer compatibility issue.

In your experience can we be certain that this isnt a problem with the formulas?

--------------------------------

Monthly Budget expression

Sum({< Period={$(=max(Period))},Type={'GBP'},[Subj 12.10A]={'I&E'}>} [Budget])

Monthly Actual expression

Sum({< Period = {$(=max(Period))},Type={'GBP'},[Subj 12.10A]={'I&E'}>} [Actual])

-------------------------------

As when i remove the '< Period={$(=max(Period)' part of the formulas the columns appear correctly.

Thanks