Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Task History Disabled and Logs unable to retrieve

Dear Experts,

In QMC , task history of the tasks are not apperaing, and under Log tab, logs are unable to retrieve.

Changed "Max log records" from 1000 to 100, later to 50 too, still unable to see logs.

Any other additional thing do i need to take care of here for task history visibility.

(Normal Logging is enabled in QMC and i can see task logs in Distribution Log folders)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

John

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Dear Experts,

Any inputs here is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

John

t_witzgall
Partner - Contributor III

Hi everyone,

we have a similar problem here. Task history is empty - but only for several tasks not for all of them.

We have several categories and just one of them is not showing the logfiles.

After starting one of the tasks the history reappears.

We tried restarting the QMS (QlikviewManagementService) but this doesn't seem to have any effect.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Regards,

Tamara

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Take a look at the logs in

c:\ProgramData\Qlikview\ManagementService

for potential clues.

-Rob

t_witzgall

Hi Rob,

the only error I could find in these logs is this one:

Request failed (HandleRequest): System.ArgumentNullException: Der Zeichenfolgenverweis ist nicht auf einen Zeichenfolgeninstanz festgelegt.

Parametername: s

bei System.Text.Encoding.GetBytes(String s)

bei QMS.BackstageWebServer.HandleRequest(HttpListenerContext context)

This appears several times but about half an hour after we restartet QMS because of the missing history. So I don't think, that this is related to the problem.

Recently we realized that the history disappears when QMC is reloading big files (50GB) and reappears after finishing the task. It seems, that the connection between QMC and the Server is not very stable.

Regards,

Tamara