Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mahesh_agrawal
Creator
Creator

Task Status, last execution and Started/Scheduled details not getting updated in QMC

Hi Guys,

I am facing a weird issue in QMC. I stopped QlikView Distribution Service and tried to edit QVDistributionService.exe.config file to add MaxReceivedMessageSize in it, however I couldn't because of internal file access issue. So no changes were made to the file.

When I restarted the QDS service and started refreshing tasks on QMC, I found that the status, last execution and Started/Scheduled details are not getting updated on the STATUS tab of QMC although tasks are running fine and even files are being distributed.

Attached the screnshot from QMC (tasks names are erased because of data protection policy)

Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Mahesh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mahesh_agrawal
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Chip.

We resolved the issue by removing unwanted tasks from QMC. Once the obsolete tasks and categories are removed, it worked fine.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello Mahesh,

Per your description, it seems to me that you need to edit the "QMSChunkSize" & "MaxReceivedMessageSize" in %ProgramFiles%\QlikView\ManagementService\QVManagementService.exe.config.

To do so, you should

  1. Stop the QlikView Management Service (QMS)
  2. Open text editor as an administrator and edit ManagementService\QVManagementService.exe.config file
  3. Find key "QMSChunkSize" and halve the current value
  4. Find key "MaxReceivedMessageSize" and double the current value
  5. Save the ManagementService\QVManagementService.exe.config file
  6. Restart the QMS service

Hope this helps

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
mahesh_agrawal
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Chip.

We resolved the issue by removing unwanted tasks from QMC. Once the obsolete tasks and categories are removed, it worked fine.