cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Text Object values that should not change

Hello,

I'm working on a dashboard that contains several sheets.

On the first sheet, the user has access to a filter for "Month/Year"  (i.e. Jan 2017 to March 2017).  A text object was created to show what timeframe the user has selected.  The formula for the text object is shown below:

'Time period chosen: '&Date(Min( MONTHandYEAR), 'MMMM YYYY') &' to '& Date(Max( MONTHandYEAR), 'MMMM YYYY')

I would like to show this text object on each sheet the way it appears on the first sheet whether there are alternate states or not. in the remaining sheets.   On the second sheet that is an inherited state, there is a filter that changes the Month/Year values using the formula. 

Is there a way in which I can use the formula above and not have the values change regardless of filters or alternate states?

Thanks for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think I just figured it out.  I can create an alternate state just for the text object so whatever I choose to place in the text object will not change --no matter where I choose to use the formula.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can be done using {1} over set operator

'Time period chosen: '&Date(Min({1} MONTHandYEAR), 'MMMM YYYY') &' to '& Date(Max({1} MONTHandYEAR), 'MMMM YYYY')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response Anil, but the revised formula does not work.   Instead of showing Jan 2017 to March 2017, it is showing the first Month/Year (June 2016) and the last Month/Year (May 2016) available for the user to choose from.

The revised formula disregards the choices made by the user.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think I just figured it out.  I can create an alternate state just for the text object so whatever I choose to place in the text object will not change --no matter where I choose to use the formula.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Yes, Alternate state can achieve. Please close this thread by mark your response as correct.

Note - I don't prefer to use Alternate States many cases until unless needed

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful