Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anothergreg
Contributor III
Contributor III

Text On Axis overlapping - can it go diagonal?

I am attempting to create a bar chart where my x-axis is a list of initiatives, and my y-axis measures costs of those initiatives.  I would like to mark an an initiative's text in red if its forecasted costs are higher than its planned costs in order to call attention to it.

I cannot do this with my dimensions, because any conditional formatting will apply across ALL initiatives, as the dimensions do not measure by each independent value but rather in aggregate.  Due to the character length of the initiatives, I can only see the full name of the initative by utilizing the Chart Properties>Axes>Dimension Axis diagonal feature.  This is important later.

I unchecked "Show Legend" in my dimension.  I created a new expression =only([Initiative Name]) which displays the initiative in the x-axis, similar as if the dimension "Show Legend" was checked.  However, my Text on Axis is overlapping.  I would like to make it vertical or diagonal, similar to the option as if I had my dimension labels showing.  I've been doing a lot of searching but cannot seem to find a solution.

Does anyone know how to make the Text on Axis sitting on the x-axis vertical or diagonal?dimension.pngtextonaxiscolor.pngoverlapping.png

2 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Don't use Text on Axis

Add an Expression as Follows

=DUAL( 'YourText you want to show' ,1)  and now use values on data points

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

can you post some sample data?

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.