Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcoetzee
Contributor
Contributor

Text object Changing data when selections made

Hi, I need some help i am trying to make a text object but the value should stay the same, it should ignore my fiscal year and fiscal month when selections are made.

I have tried the below but it does not seem to be working, i have also tried to add a action in but still no luck, whom can help me please?

='All Active Clients: ' & num(Count({1}{<ContractActive = {'Y'}>}DISTINCT CustId))

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I think @mahaveerbiraj 's solution should work if you need to ignore all selections... but the reason your expression didn't work was because your expression added a new set to ignore all selection instead of adding it to the current set that you already had (Red is one set and Green is another set and I think when you write it like this, it does an intersection of the two set, but don't quote me on this)

='All Active Clients: ' & num(Count({1}{<ContractActive = {'Y'}>}DISTINCT CustId))

But, if you really just need to ignore selection in two fields... you might just need what @Victor_Alumanah  has provided, but with your own field names

='All Active Clients: ' & Num(Count({1}{<ContractActive = {'Y'}, MasterCal_FiscalYear, MasterCal_FiscalMonth>} DISTINCT CustId))

View solution in original post

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Maarten, please be sure to come back to the thread and use the Accept as Solution button on the post(s) that helped you get things working properly.  I would have marked things, but I was not sure which one(s) worked, so we need you to do this as per Sunny's post, and this does two things, it gives credit to the posters, and it confirms to other Community Members visiting this thread what actually worked, so it is important you take the time to do this...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
mahaveerbiraj
Creator II
Creator II

HI 

Try like below,

='All Active Clients: ' &  Count({1<ContractActive = {'Y'}>}DISTINCT CustId)

Victor_Alumanah
Creator
Creator

replace the fiscal month and year with your names 🙂

='All Active Clients: ' & num(Count({<ContractActive = {'Y'},Fiscal_Year=,Fiscal_Month=>}DISTINCT CustId))

While we teach we learn
sunny_talwar

I think @mahaveerbiraj 's solution should work if you need to ignore all selections... but the reason your expression didn't work was because your expression added a new set to ignore all selection instead of adding it to the current set that you already had (Red is one set and Green is another set and I think when you write it like this, it does an intersection of the two set, but don't quote me on this)

But, if you really just need to ignore selection in two fields... you might just need what @Victor_Alumanah  has provided, but with your own field names

='All Active Clients: ' & Num(Count({1}{<ContractActive = {'Y'}, MasterCal_FiscalYear, MasterCal_FiscalMonth>} DISTINCT CustId))
mcoetzee
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you, its working.

sunny_talwar

Awesome, please mark @mahaveerbiraj  and/or @Victor_Alumanah responses as the solution so that future users can benefit from it.

Best,
Sunny

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Maarten, please be sure to come back to the thread and use the Accept as Solution button on the post(s) that helped you get things working properly.  I would have marked things, but I was not sure which one(s) worked, so we need you to do this as per Sunny's post, and this does two things, it gives credit to the posters, and it confirms to other Community Members visiting this thread what actually worked, so it is important you take the time to do this...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.