Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfredericks
Contributor II
Contributor II

Text on Axis stacking, Multiple Dimensions

Hello,

I am trying to place Text on Axis on a Line Chart in QlikView 12.4. I have the option to add another dimension. Without the added dimension, the Text on Axis works fine, but when I add the other dimension, the Text on Axis will stack on top of each other. Is there a way to only show this value once with multiple dimensions on the x-axis? Or is there a way to ignore the added dimension when writing the Text on Axis?

jfredericks_0-1614034325380.png

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jfredericks
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

In my Alteryx workflow, I grouped by the date and added a count distinct for the dimension, then joined this back with my data. I added an if statement to the text on axis to make sure the count distinct value could not be greater than 1 to avoid the repeating labels.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
jfredericks
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the reply. My issue is similar, but the second dimension comes from a variable. I wasn't able to replicate the result. Also, I am looking to display a value, not perform any calculation on it. Do you have any suggestions?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

For 2 dimensions and 1 expression the second dimension is indicated in the legend and not on the axis.

You can add 0 as a second expression and turn off the legend to make the second dimension show on the axis instead.

jfredericks
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

My second expression was the Text on Axis, which still repeats if I add a 0 expression and turn off the legends.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

try one more option.. change font of that dimension on axis tab.

reference:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/Hide-label-text-of-axis/td-p/30225

jfredericks
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Do you know of a way to limit the text on axis to one line, or how to format the text on axis to limit the size?

jfredericks
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

In my Alteryx workflow, I grouped by the date and added a count distinct for the dimension, then joined this back with my data. I added an if statement to the text on axis to make sure the count distinct value could not be greater than 1 to avoid the repeating labels.