Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sponguru
Contributor
Contributor

There are many Distribution task on Servers,But only one Distribution task failing with below Error

Hi All,

There are many Distribution task on Servers, But only one Distribution task failing with below Error(form Event viewer),

Some body help me what could be the Reason? 

The task "XXXX XXXXX" failed. Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow.
---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: Distribution to resources failed with errors. Warnings: 0, Errors: 3 ||   
at QDSMain.DistributeTask.RevertOneAndAlwaysOne(Document qvbDocument) ||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.ReleaseQvb(Document qvbDocument) ||   
at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String repeatVariableName,
String currentRepeatVariableValue) ||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) ||   
--- End of inner exception stack trace --- ||   
at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) ||   
at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(CurrentExecutionArgs args)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The QlikView Server returned a error ('Server1.xxx.xxx.xxxxx.com:1234')
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QVS Distribution failed to distribute to all nodes in the QVS Cluster. NodeCount=2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Distribution to resources failed with errors. Warnings: 0, Errors: 3
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The first issue is you are looking at the wrong logs here...  The Windows Event Viewer logs are not going to provide the details you need on things.  You need to be reviewing the actual QDS Task and possibly Document logs, which by default are located in the following path on the server running the QDS service:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log

You will have to go to the appropriate date folder from there, and then find the task folder name inside there and inside that folder is where you will find all the logs related to the task and those will have much greater detail on things.  

If you have changed the location of those, you will need to go to the QMC\System\Setup\Distribution Services\QDS resource\General tab settings and check the Application Data folder path there, as that should be where things are located.  About the best I can offer at the moment, as what you attached does not allow me to see all the details to be able to offer anything definitive, but it would appear the distribution of the file is what is failing, but the full log should provide further details.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.