Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Thousand/Million/Billion Symbol calculation / Wrong rendering

Hi,

I had my issues to find the right title for my challenge. To save space on my dashboard, I moved the "symbol" out of the chart into the caption.

1.png

The corresponding formula is fairly straight forward:

='By Account Type (in '&
If(Max(Fabs(Aggr(SUM({$<$(vSetEstimate) $(eSetYTD)>} $(vMeasure)) - SUM({$<$(vSetCompareTo) $(eSetYTD)>} $(vMeasure)), [Account Type]))) < 1000, $(eMeasureLabel),
If(Max(Fabs(Aggr(SUM({$<
$(vSetEstimate) $(eSetYTD)>} $(vMeasure)) - SUM({$<$(vSetCompareTo) $(eSetYTD)>} $(vMeasure)), [Account Type]))) < 1000000, 'k'&$(eMeasureLabel),
'M'&
$(eMeasureLabel)))
&')'

To ensure the use of the right scale, I followed Rob Wunderlichs (@QVCookbook) advise and used the following formula in "Static Step" in the Axes tab of the chart.

=If(Max(Fabs(Aggr(SUM({$<$(vSetEstimate), [Group]-={'UNMATCHED'} $(eSetYTD)>} $(vMeasure)) - SUM({$<$(vSetCompareTo), [Group]-={'UNMATCHED'} $(eSetYTD)>} $(vMeasure)), [Group]))) < 1000, 1,
If(Max(Fabs(Aggr(SUM({$<
$(vSetEstimate), [Group]-={'UNMATCHED'} $(eSetYTD)>} $(vMeasure)) - SUM({$<$(vSetCompareTo), [Group]-={'UNMATCHED'} $(eSetYTD)>} $(vMeasure)), [Group]))) < 1000000, 1000,
1000000))

The problem is, that the hardcoded values <1000, <100 000 and <1 000 000 don't really seem to make sense as you can see when looking at the outcome.

2.png

The formula for determining "in kUSD" is build up on the same principle as you saw on top for account type just with a different dimension for the Aggr function. The actual value for the first bar is -956 000 USD. Even when I set the "Static Step" manually to 1000, it doesn't switch.

While writing this post, I just remembered another post (think on Robs blog) about the unexpected behaviour of the chart, when there is not enough space (for whatever). So I just increased the chart in size, and voila, the chart renders correctly.

3.png

Anyone an idea how to force the chart to always render correctly?

0 Replies