Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Time Triggered actions in qlikview

Hi All,

I have a new question regarding time triggered actions.

I need to reload my data at set times and then after this reload it should automatically print certain objects.

I am familiar with the post-reload functionality to print objects, that is not a problem.

Where it gets tricky is this:

I am not allowed to add scheduler events to my computer so the time triggered action should be in the file itself.

I have a general direction in where i think is the solution

should be something like.

If(TIme(Now()) = 8:00, Reload(), 0)

do you have an idea how i can make this work?

8 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Create a variable; assign value to it conditionally like, if (hour(now())=8, 1,0). Now use varibale trigger (Document prop->Triggers->Variable event trigger->On Change->Action->External->Reload

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, i think this should work, however, i dont know how to assign a value to a variable like that.

Not applicable
Author

There was allready a similar disscussion under Macro with a button to reload the data

The Problem you will get that you need a Timer which is running in the background or check the current time on every click you doing in your App.

Add an Var Value "=hour(now()) = 8,1,0)"

then goto "Variable event trigger" > "On Change" and add the Reload Trigger

or Run a Macro with "activeDocument.Relaod()" if you want to do some other stuff as an reload,

But something like this could degrade your Performance - if you are aren't able to schedule anything on your PC this would have a reason for sure - otherwise I would recommend to talk with your IT to allow it,

The best way should be an EDX Trigger to fire a Server reload and Data Push

vipin_mishra479
Creator II
Creator II

Hi tresco,

here i have attached the application where

Document prop->Triggers->Variable event trigger->On Change->Action->External->Reload

this process is not working

Not applicable
Author

This is what i created with your input, but it does not seem to reload. any thoughts on that?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

It seems that, reload action would not respond against any other trigger other than Button Press, which is not totally meaningless. However, with just a three-line macro, you can achiev the same. See the attahced sample.

Sub ReloadThisDoc

ActiveDocument.Reload

End Sub

Not applicable
Author

Somehow i cannot seem to get this to work. When I put the macro behind a textbox and click on it, it works, but not time triggered?

imrencimen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi tresesco I try this for run my sending mail macro. when hour =8 value=1(changed) and send email. An hour later

hour =9 value=0(changed) and send second email. How can I provide just email sent vhen value=1 ?