Anonymous
Not applicable

Time issue

Hi guys ,

I have data source like this

Screenshot_1.png

I had used Gantt chart  for show jobs time duration like below image

PM1.png

I have given  an expression as =Max(endTime)-Min(Starttime)   and in Bar offset =Min(Starttime)

Its showing the data correctly  up to PM to PM time if the jobs runs Start time is 11:02 PM and jobs end in  2:06 AM  the chart  is not showing properly  so what kind of condition  i have to give if start time starts with PM and End with AM    could any one  Please  help me out from this scenario

Regards,

Vijay.M

Message was edited by: Vijay Malaisamy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rodjager
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Vijay,

Nice start. The main issue is that your times cross days and your data does not appear to contain a date so you need to treat the times as intervals with an assumption that an interval is a day or less in size.

Therefore, to fix your gantt chart I would suggest the following:

1. Expressions tab: change your expression for Duration to test the times.  this would look like:

if(max(endTime) > min(Starttime),
max(endTime) - min(Starttime),
(1+
max(endTime)) - min(Starttime)
)

2. Axes tab: Uncheck the Static Max option and let QlikView work this out

3. Number tab: Set the format of Duration to Interval and then remove the TT suffix from the Format Pattern box to drop the AM/PM on the x axis.

Hope this helps.

Rod

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Would you able to share sample

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ya i shared the qvw file please check it

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

could  anyone give solution for this requirement,

Regards,

Vijay.M

rodjager
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Vijay,

Nice start. The main issue is that your times cross days and your data does not appear to contain a date so you need to treat the times as intervals with an assumption that an interval is a day or less in size.

Therefore, to fix your gantt chart I would suggest the following:

1. Expressions tab: change your expression for Duration to test the times.  this would look like:

if(max(endTime) > min(Starttime),
max(endTime) - min(Starttime),
(1+
max(endTime)) - min(Starttime)
)

2. Axes tab: Uncheck the Static Max option and let QlikView work this out

3. Number tab: Set the format of Duration to Interval and then remove the TT suffix from the Format Pattern box to drop the AM/PM on the x axis.

Hope this helps.

Rod