Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psk180590
Creator III
Creator III

Tips and Suggestions on QlikView server maintenance

Hello All,

I have few applications running on my QlikView server, and i believe the reload and data structure is optimal(Excel--->QVD Generators---->Data saved in QVD------>Fetched from QVD and displayed on Application(qvw) file).

I have few problems here and might be all are interlinked.

• The application seems to be growing in size after every reload currently it is ~371,164 KB. (I believe the size of the application is making it difficult for the service to fetch the latest data quick enough.)
  • Immediately after the scheduled run Qlik services seem to go down and when a user tries to access the application it takes too long to load and finally gives a "NoConnection" sign.(After removing the document last sate from Access Point it works fine)
  • Also the reload time keeps increasing by huge margins. A month ago the longest run(DataModel) would consume around 20 minutes and now the same consumes around 40 minutes, the Application reload which earlier consumed 2 minutes is now taking 12 minutes.

Can any one point of ways to better handle such failures and also if you find any loop holes in my structure.

TIA!!

2 Replies
ramasaisaksoft

Sai,

--> try to reload the same application in your desktop and judge your self (YES data is increasing day by day less amount only/High amount,How about Data base connection is working) i mean if Data Model is having many stored procedures it will depends on Data base connection speed also

-->if you have permission to restart Server Machine/QV services just restart that in Non-Business hours.

-->Observe the data model they developed is there any Loops are there and Synthetic keys are there?

-->if any un-necessary services are running please stop them after checking with that particular team(Help Desk/IT team)

Note:- It is preferable to qv server need to install in a separate machine.

What is your RAM size?

how many applications you have ?

How many concurrent users are there ?

if you still face issue please reach me ramasaiqvw@gmail.com (8376964364) for personal discussion also.

psk180590
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Rama Sai,

Thanks for your suggestions. Below i will try to explain you on your points

---> We have no stored procedures here. We fetch directly from a CRM system and excel sheets, save the data in various QVD's and merge everything into a final datamodel and read it from this datamodel to the application.

---> do you think we need to regularly restart the services/server?

---> There are no other services running. The server is dedicated only to QlikView and is mostly in good state.

----> RAM size on my server is 64GB

----> Around 10 live applications on the AccessPoint

----> Many based on distribution lists.

Sure i will reach out to you personally.