cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too Many Document Cals Allocated

Hi

I have 45 Doc Cals, however only 39 have been allocated (see below). So you I have 5 still remaining.

QV Model                              Number of Cals Allocated

QV Model A                                        4

QV Model B                                        36

Total 40

I have another model QV Model C, where I want to allocate the remaining 5 Doc Cals, however I get an error saying "Too Many Dcoument Cals allocated"

I did have a QV Model D which I have deleted without unallocating the Doc Cals.  So I've read on a old post that when a QV Model is deleted without unallocating the Doc Cals, they will still remain with the model. 

I have brought back QV Model D.  But now how do I unallocate the Doc Cals for this model when they aren't any.  And how do I free up Doc Cals so that I can allocate to QV Model C.

Please can you assist.

Kind regards

Nayan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin-Albert

Hi Nayan,

You need to recreate the deleted app QV Model D using the original name.  This can be an empty QVW file it does not need to be the actual application.

Then you can access the app in the QMC and unallocate the document cals, finally delete the app and reallocate the cals correctly.

The missing app may be listed in the QMC with the name in capitals.

This post has details on finding the deleted app name if you do not know it  Recover lost CALS using PGO files

Also consider using this app to manage your doc cals License_Analyser_K3FDS.qvw

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Colin-Albert

Hi Nayan,

You need to recreate the deleted app QV Model D using the original name.  This can be an empty QVW file it does not need to be the actual application.

Then you can access the app in the QMC and unallocate the document cals, finally delete the app and reallocate the cals correctly.

The missing app may be listed in the QMC with the name in capitals.

This post has details on finding the deleted app name if you do not know it  Recover lost CALS using PGO files

Also consider using this app to manage your doc cals License_Analyser_K3FDS.qvw

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Colin

Thank you for your reply.  I will try to try it out and let you know.

Kind regards

Nayan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Colin

In the document How To Recover Document CALsAssigned To A Deleted QVW , for Resolution 1 , how do get to path %ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer to find Settings 7  (see below and file attached)

kind regards

Nayan

Doc Cal Resolution.JPG

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In Windows Explorer on your QlikView server, enter the path %PROGRAMDATA%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer in the address bar. The stuff woith the percentage characters refer to environment variables that the system knows about.

Usually %PROGRAMDATA% refers to C:\ProgramData which is a hidden directory.

amilafdo
Creator
Creator

Hi,

This can be due to cache. Restart the QV services (Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools\Services) and re allocate the license.

Regards

Amila

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Peter, much appreciated.

Kind regards

Nayan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Amila