Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
infock12
Creator III
Creator III

Top 5 in pivot table not working

Hi all,

I looked at various forums and tried to make it work but it looks like I'm missing something.

I have a pivot table with SessionOwner and [Product Name] as Dimensions.

In expression, I have;

=if(Aggr(Rank(Count(ProductID)),SessionOwner, [Product Name])<=5, count(ProductID))

First Column - SessionOwner

Second Column - Product Name

Third Column - I am getting ALL the products but the values are shown only for the top 5 products. However, ALL the other products also appear in the result but with a blank value. How can I just display the top 5 values please?

Any help is appreciated

19 Replies
infock12
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny,

This works perfectly, thanks for that. Just one last question. I want to sort by the first expression descending. Inside the 'Sort' option, I tried different things such as unticking all the boxes and tried sort by first expression, didn't do it. Please could you advise?

sunny_talwar

Did you try sort by y value?

infock12
Creator III
Creator III
Author

When I go into the Sort field, I tried the first Dimension (Session Owner) and selected Y value, but it didn't work. The second dimension Product Name does not give me the option of Y value

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample or a screenshot of what you have? and a little explanation of what you are looking for?

infock12
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I am trying to sort the 3rd column descending (first expression) for each SessionOwner(first column). The first two columns are dimensions.

Products.PNG

sunny_talwar

See if this discussion offers any help

Pivot Table - Sort top article per month

infock12
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Sunny, will have a look and let you know

sunny_talwar

Sounds good

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Karthik,

Follow following steps:

Click on Properties-->Dimension--> click on suppress  when value in null

In this way you will get result for top 5 values only.

Thanks,

infock12
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Pooja, very helpful. Sorted this out with Sunny's response.