cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II

Total Average not working

I'm trying to show a changing average line on my chart but i can't seem to work out how to write the expressions.

The red line shows the overall average over the whole time (it uses this expression - avg(TOTAL AGGR(Sum({<Sheet_name={'Wansbeck'},day={'Monday'}>}WGH1),Date)) Despite the dimension being WeekYear 😞

1 .jpeg

I have 3 conditions (PreCovid, Covid & HomeSafe Weekend) that i want to display the averages for.

They run like this:

Week23 2019 - Week 11 2020 = PreCovid

Week 12 2020 - Week 18 2020 = Covid 

Week 19 2020 - Week 31 2020 = HomeSafe Weekend

When i try the expression = avg(Total Aggr(Avg({<Sheet_name={'Wansbeck'},day={'Monday'},[Named Change]={'PreCovid'}>}WGH1),MonthYear)) I just get this:

2 .jpeg

Which just overwrites the overall average.

If i try: avg(Aggr(Avg({<Sheet_name={'Wansbeck'},day={'Monday'},[Named Change]={'PreCovid'}>}WGH1),MonthYear)) Then as you can the average line ends but it ends early (Week 9 instead of Week 11) but also its not a true average as that should be solid at 2.51

3 .jpeg

What am i doing wrong and ideally how could i show one line changing between the three states?

Here is a shot of the data in a straight table:

4.jpg

13 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@peterderrington  Is it because you are using  MonthYear instead of WeekYear in aggr?

avg(total sum({<Sheet_name={'Wansbeck'},day={'Monday'},[Named Change]={'PreCovid'}>}WGH1),WeekYear)) 

peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

No, i tried your expression and it just said that the expression was wrong apparently after WGH1) its garbage

I did however adapt the original one to WeekYear not Month Year -  avg(Aggr(Avg({<Sheet_name={'Wansbeck'},day={'Monday'},[Named Change]={'PreCovid'}>}WGH1),WeekYear))

and now it continues to the end of the section which is great but it doesn't show a straight line (if i add Total then it just goes to the very end which is still wrong)

5.jpeg

We're getting close....

Kushal_Chawda

@peterderrington  missed aggr..typo

avg(total  aggr(sum({<Sheet_name={'Wansbeck'},day={'Monday'},[Named Change]={'PreCovid'}>}WGH1),WeekYear)) 

peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Nope, that doesnt work - it looks like this now:

6.jpeg

Kushal_Chawda

@peterderrington  is the straight line generated showing correct values?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

can you try this?

avg(total  aggr(sum({<Sheet_name={'Wansbeck'},day={'Monday'},[Named Change]={'PreCovid'}>}WGH1/sum({<Sheet_name={'Wansbeck'},day={'Monday'},[Named Change]={'PreCovid'}>}WGH1),WeekYear))

peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

No that shows as an error in expression with the first ( highlighted in Red

peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes it showing an overall average of 2.35 which is correct for the entire time line

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

only close is missing .. can you try this

avg(total  aggr(sum({<Sheet_name={'Wansbeck'},day={'Monday'},[Named Change]={'PreCovid'}>}WGH1/sum({<Sheet_name={'Wansbeck'},day={'Monday'},[Named Change]={'PreCovid'}>}WGH1),WeekYear)))